Out of Province Residents

Out of Province Residents

School age students who are ordinarily residents of British Columbia, but are temporarily living outside of British Columbia may take courses for up to two years after leaving the province at no charge. Proof of residency such as a British Columbia property tax notice or utility bill is required. In some cases further documentation may be required.


A refundable textbook deposit will be charged; this will vary, depending on course selection.


Families are responsible for shipping/mailing costs. FVDES utilizes the following courier companies:

  • Fedex
  • UPS

For further information on recent policy changes, please visit http://www.bced.gov.bc.ca/policy/policies/dist_ed_residency.htm

School Hours

  • Monday to Friday
  • 8:00am - 3:30pm
  •  Closed Lunch
  • 12:00pm - 1:00pm
  • 46361 Yale Rd.
    Chilliwack, B.C. V2P 2P8  map
  • Tel: 1-800-663-3381
    Local: 604-701-4910
    Fax: 604-701-4970

© Copyright 2008 Fraser Valley Distance Education School | Telephone: 1-800-663-3381 or 1-604-701-4910 | Fax: 1-604-701-4970 | Login